We are happy to announce that several members of the department were involved in succesful grant applications:
- Balthasar Bickel received funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation for continuing a project on a corpus-based typology of clause linkage.
- Balthasar Bickel, Alena Witzlack-Makarevich and Taras Zakharko are co-applicants in a project on noun vs verb frequencies across languages coordinated by Frank Seifart (Max-Planck-Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig) and funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
- Taras Zakharko is a co-applicant in a project on referentiality across languages led by Christian Lehmann (University of Erfurt) and funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
- Balthasar Bickel received a short-term grant from the Scientific & Technological Cooperation Programme Switzerland-Russia for a collabarative project with Prof. Andrej Filchenko (Tomsk State Pedagogical University, Dept. Siberian Indigenous Studies) on areal processes in languages of Siberia.
- Volker Dellwo has received seed money from the ZüKL for a project on the perception of French prosody by German and Swiss German hearers.
- Sabine Stoll and Gerold Schneider have received seed money from the ZüKL for a project on Ambiguity, Psycholinguistics and Language Acquisition.